Thursday, January 27, 2011

New Year's Eve

Mom is right - this story is hard to believe. I hate to be a party pooper, but this story leads me to the age old question, "Why would God choose to help two girls making a stupid choice, and not the hundreds or thousands of other girls and women who are innocently assaulted?" And I'm not saying they asked for it - but they did put themselves in a risky situation. And I dare say we've all done stupid things - I know I have. It makes me think of one time on the river in Winona and a boy with a jet ski asked if I wanted a ride and I did - once we were out on the water, I thought how stupid that was, and luckily, he really was a good guy, so no harm done, but it did make me think. They were lucky, but severely ignorant. And please don't answer my question above with "God has his reasons." I'm stating my case rhetorically.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps someone was praying for them that night!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe that there is a person out there who hasn't been in a bad situation...and walked away from it when many others who have been in a similar situation did not...I believe God is there watching over us...more importantly trying to REMIND us that he is there...and that whatever happens good or bad he will always be there for you...he doesn't choose who lives and who dies...just think...so many people already have a really tough time believing there is a God...imagine if God never intervened or gave a sign that he was there...think about how many more people wouldn't believe in him...even when he does give a sign most people chalk it up to "coincidence" or "luck"

    For example....

    I know I have. It makes me think of one time on the river in Winona and a boy with a jet ski asked if I wanted a ride and I did - once we were out on the water, I thought how stupid that was, and LUCKILY, (try inserting "Thank God") he really was a good guy, so no harm done,

    - Jake out :)

    ReplyDelete